Sports conversations help build rapport with coworkers and keep you from being on the outside looking in. You don’t need to be a huge sports fan to participate. In fact, sometimes it’s just a matter of knowing a few key names and why they’re important.
This week we unveil a new format for Workplace Conversation Starters. One that’s easier and quicker to read.
Names you need to know:
- Tiger Woods
- Rick Pitino
- Carmelo Anthony
- Kevin Durant
- Jimmie Johnson
- Mike Rice
Why they’re in the news:
- Tiger Woods is the favorite to win the Masters this week. Round 1 starts Thursday from Augusta, Georgia.
- Rick Pitino is the head coach of the Louisville men’s basketball team. Louisville is playing in the NCAA title game against Michigan Monday night. If they win, Pinto would be the first coach to win an NCAA title with two different teams.
- In the NBA, New York Knicks guard Carmelo Anthony is battling Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant for the scoring title. Durant has won three straight scoring titles. He could be the first player since Michael Jordan to win four straight.
- Jimmie Johnson won the NASCAR race at Martinsville over the weekend. He led more laps than in any other race during his career. The win moves him into first place in the Sprint Cup Standings.
- Mike Rice was the former men’s basketball coach at Rutgers. He was fired last week after controversial practice video was leaked to the media. Now his former school, Robert Morris University, is looking into allegations against Rice from 2007-2010.
Jen Mueller, America’s Expert Talker, helps business professionals understand the sports conversations that happen every day at work. Jen’s practical approach helps professionals join in, sound intelligent, and understand how to leverage sports conversation in business. Her conversation strategy comes from her 12 years of experience as a sports broadcaster. Jen is available to speak for keynotes, presentations and workshops. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and read more at http://talksportytome.com